Cleavage and Deprotection Systems
Enhance oligo production safety and efficiency
Streamline this key unit operation in oligonucleotide manufacturing with an intuitive system from our Cleavage and Deprotection (C&D) family of products. Our mid- to large-scale C&D Systems allow you to automate the cleavage and deprotection steps while increasing your synthesis capacity by freeing up the oligosynthesizer to focus on its core functions. Available in a broad range of flow rates, C&D Systems are designed to accommodate both DNA and RNA processes.
Built For You.
Post-synthesis, the crude oligonucleotide must be cleaved from the solid support and conditioned for further downstream processing steps. Our C&D Systems are designed to accommodate both DNA and RNA processes with numerous in-process controls to automate steps.
- Automated system designed and purpose-built for cleavage and deprotection, freeing up your synthesizer.
- Advanced process controls with monitoring and control by UV, conductivity, pressure, temperature, flow rate or volume.
- Available with deprotection vessels for a turnkey solution.
- OCELOT™ System Control – our latest universally plant-compatible automation software.
- Chemically compatible with HF or other chemicals as required and rated for hazardous area use.
- Customizable to meet your process and facility requirements.
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess C&D Systems can be designed for chemical compatibility with HF as needed. Systems are available with integrated deprotection vessels, or alternatively can be used with your existing vessel.
Breadth of Configurations
|Catalog No.||Deprotection Vessel Working Volume||Pressure Rating||Metering Pump Flow Rate||Material of Construction|
|CD020||20 L||6 bar||6 to 180 L/h||316L SS|
|CD100||100 L||6 bar||20 to 600 L/h||316L SS|
|CD350||350 L||6 bar||48 to 2000 L/h||316L SS|
C&D Systems can be customized to meet specific user requirements for your manufacturing process:
- Second metering pump and flowmeter constructed of Hastelloy
- Upgrade from eight (8) to twelve (12) main inlet ports
- Upgrade to column forward flow, backflow and bypass modes
- Jacketed deprotection vessel (user-specified volume)
- Upgrade from three (3) to four (4) outlet ports including recirculation
- Local panel-mount Human-Machine Interface (HMI)